The seniors stand in front of their poster after the senior game.
The Final Buzzer Sounds
Jillian Yelle and Avery YelleMay 16, 2024

On Monday, May 13th, South Windsor High School's Girls Lacrosse team celebrated their seniors in a game against Simsbury. The South Windsor Lax...

Junior Sam Balducci prepares for a pitch during the Bobcats 8-2 win over Manchester.
Wunsch’s Pitching Helps Lead Bobcats Over Redhawks
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • May 12, 2024

On Saturday, May 11, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted the Manchester Redhawks, winning the contest by a score of 8-2. Junior...

Senior Captain Connor Mahan catching a breather at the game against Ellington.
Guardian of the Golden Bears: Connor Mahan
Adam Albaghdadi, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024

Senior captain Connor Mahan is a dedicated and passionate student athlete who does everything necessary to get the job done.  Mahan is always...

Breaking Records In Style
Adam Albaghdadi, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

On Tuesday May 7th, the South Windsor Bobcats went head-to-head against the Ellington Knights at the Cats' home turf.  With a final score...

Eli Schwartzman

Senior captain Connor Mahan is a dedicated and passionate student athlete who does everything necessary to get the job done. 

Mahan is always motivated in being the best he can be and is someone his teammates look up to. He’s been playing lacrosse for 12 years and is committed to going to Western New England University where he plans to continue playing lacrosse and considering football as well. 

“I push him everyday in practice to be better when I cook him in a 1v1, it then translates to the field, and he uses that drive from practice to play great in the game. He is also a great leader which is why we call him Commander Conrad,” sophomore Issac Gerber told The Prowl.

He is also a great leader which is why we call him Commander Conrad.

— Isaac Gerber

Mahan started playing lacrosse as an attackman but saw the need for people to play defense and took the opportunity to be a D Pole and has become really successful ever since. 

¨Great teammate and leader to help keep focused on our goals,¨ senior Max Plunske said

Even as a D Pole, Mahan still manages to score for the Cats, scoring 4 goals in just this season alone, and he doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon. 

“We call him Coach Connor for a reason; he works super hard and always cheers us on. He teaches us to never give up and try our best whether we are practicing or playing. He’s not just a team leader, he’s a really cool friend too,” senior Brett Feher explained.

“I’m motivated by my coaches and teammates to help do everything I can do to win,” Mahan stated. 

Mahan has over 200 ground balls in his 4 year high school career, and, when he’s not playing lacrosse, you can still find him traveling around doing tournaments with his friends: senior Tom Dehaes, and Max Plunske.