Pushing To The Max

Featured Athlete: Max Plunske
Senior boys lacrosse captain, Max Plunske, getting some shots in before a scrimmage.
Luiz Lopez

Senior lacrosse captain, Max Plunske, is a one of a kind student-athlete who works towards motivating his teammates and competing, and has committed to Saint Joseph College of Maine to further his studies and sports. 

Plunske started off playing baseball when he was younger and soon discovered the sport was too slow for his liking. Plunske decided to try lacrosse and immediately fell in love with it.

The Cats celebrate after winning both games against Suffield and West Springfield.

Plunske has been playing lacrosse for 13 years and doesn’t plan to stop playing after high school. He enjoys the daily competitions and works toward getting better every day. He looks forward to reaching the next level of the game.  

“Playing lax takes things off my mind, and I feel relaxed when I play, and I love being with teammates having a good time,” Plunske told The Prowl.

Plunske has been a major leader in the lacrosse program and motivates his teammates to always push themselves to the max. 

The kid is a baller and tickles all of the teams we play.

— senior Sam Czaja

On March 21, Plunske and the lacrosse team went against Suffield and West Springfield where they dominated both scrimmages and went 2-0. The ‘Cats beat West Springfield 7-5 and Suffield 4-0.

“He’s a fun guy to compete with each and every day,” senior Connor Mahan said.

Plunske doesn’t let his height stop him from being shifty and quick to attack the net. He’s been playing club lacrosse for Connecticut Valley for 4 years and playing at a higher level of lacrosse in front of sidelines of college coaches, which helped him in getting recruited. 

“These past few years have been tough with having only one senior last year, but this year we have a great group of kids that have been playing together for a while, and we have a good chance to make a run for states, ” Plunske said. 

“I’ve been playing with Max for a while now, and ever since we have been kids, he’s been an outstanding player on and off the field,” junior Kyle Katzbek said.

The lacrosse season has just begun and the ‘Cats don’t plan on taking it easy anytime soon with Connor Mahan and junior Will Castelhano helping defend, and Max Plunske, Kyle Katzbek and senior Luke Taylor putting points on the board.

Mr. Canales