Sophomore Brayden Edwards up to bat during the Bobcats 11-7 victory over Farmington.
Bobcats Clinch Early Playoff Berth With Win Over Farmington
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • April 30, 2024

On a hot Monday afternoon, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted the Farmington River Hawks. The Bobcats came out winning the contest,...

Number 4, sophomore attack, Jillian Yelle, runs towards goal during the game.
SWHS Girls Lax Faces Off Against RHAM
Katelyn Roux, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024

The South Windsor High School girls lacrosse team traveled to Rham on Tuesday, April 23rd to take on the Raptors. The Bobcats left with a victory...

Junior Robert Wunsch walks onto the mound during the Bobcats 10-0 victory over E.O. Smith.
‘Cats Achieve Perfection; Win Fifth Straight Game
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • April 28, 2024

On Saturday, April 27, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted Edwin O. Smith, winning the contest 10-0, and achieving the first known...

Pitching to Perfection
Avery Yelle and Jillian YelleApril 26, 2024

With the arrival of spring comes the beginning of a new season for the South Windsor Bobcats’ Softball team. After losing some key players...

The TGC

Featured Athlete: Jalen Canales
Eli Schwartzman
Jalen Canales getting shots in before his big game against Suffield.

Junior lacrosse champ, Jalen Canales is a fast and creative student athlete who loves to have fun and compete at the same time. 

Canales has been playing lacrosse for 11 years, battling alongside Senior Captain Max Plunske for almost all his life. 

¨As I like to call him the toe drag champ, me and him are the dynamic duo and he’s one of the hardest workers on the field,” Max Plunske explained when discussing his long-time teammate with The Prowl.

Canales is also affectionately known as the Toe Drag Champion, TGC for short. He received the nickname since he’s gained a reputation of being one of the best at toe dragging his opponents, as well as juking anyone who gets in his way. After 13 toe drags against Newington, he officially was crowned the TGC by his teammates and coaches. 

Canales was inspired to start playing lacrosse from his dad, falling in love with the sport ever since being introduced to it. 

The ‘Cats celebrate in the locker room after beating Suffield 11-7. (Max Plunske)

“I like the physical part of the game, but the mental part plays a big aspect in it so you have to be strong in both ways,¨ Canales stated.

As of now, Canales has over 20 points throughout his 3 year career, and he’s focused on pushing himself and to set standards high for next year. 

¨Jalen is a very good player; he is the quarterback of the offense. He always throws good passes and knows how to shoot,” sophomore Mason DeCiantis  explained when discussing the junior’s game.

Currently the Bobcats have a record of 3-2 which has already matched the amount of wins the team had last year, so Canales and the team are feeling pretty good. With a couple more good showing the team is in prime position to make the playoffs this season, and hope to advance.

Mr. Canales