Breaking Records In Style

Max Plunske’s 100th Goal
Senior Captain Max Plunske on his way to scoring his 100th goal.
Eli Schwartzman

On Tuesday May 7th, the South Windsor Bobcats went head-to-head against the Ellington Knights at the Cats’ home turf. 

With a final score of 16-5, Plunske scored 8 of the goals for the Cats and finally hit his 100th career goal for his 4 years of high school in style breaking records. 

Plunske made sure to score each goal in creative ways, with junior goalie Will Castelhano running down the field and dumping the ball to Max for his 98th goal and scoring his 99th goal between his legs. 

Plunske’s 100th goal was well deserved and unforgettable for everybody in the stands, with the coaches calling a timeout to run a play in the last quarter called Monk (the mascot of SJCM) and Plunske picking up the ball and taking it all the way to the net. 

“It’s been a fun four years chasing this milestone, making a bunch of memories along the way. Every goal I scored feels good but something about 100 gives me a little tickle. I couldn’t have done this without my teammates and coaches,” Plunske told The Prowl. 

“It felt good getting those assists for Max, and it was a cool experience watching Max get his 100th goal, ” Will Castelhano stated.

Plunske and the Cats celebrate after scoring his 99th goal in style. (Eli Schwartzman)

Plunske has been playing lacrosse for 13 years and doesn’t plan to stop playing after high school. He is committed to Saint Josephs College Maine where he will be continuing to play lacrosse and major in business in sports management. 

“I knew he would do it one day; he’s an amazing scorer and player all together, and I can’t wait to see what he can do with his talents in college, ” junior Jalen Canales commented

Pullquote Photo

Kid’s a dog, and were all glad to be a part of that moment for him.

— Sam Czaja

With a record of 6-6, the Cats need one more win to make playoffs and are looking to make states for the first time since 2017.

Plunske has the third highest goals and points since 2014 in all of South Windsor Lacrosse’s history and is not looking to stop the momentum anytime soon.

The next game is Thursday May 9th at the Cats home turf against Lewis Mills and they don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon.