Featured Athlete: Kevin Shover

Senior+forward+for+the+boys+hockey+team%2C+Kevin+Shover%2C+celebrates+after+scoring.+
Eli Schwartzman
Senior forward for the boys hockey team, Kevin Shover, celebrates after scoring.

Senior forward Kevin Shover scored a hat trick in South Windsor Arena, as the Bobcats took on Hamden on February 6th. Shover has had a great senior season so far, leading the team with 9 goals and 10 assists. He has taken a step forward since last season, already scoring double the goals he had last year, with still a few weeks left in the season. 

Shover was inspired to play hockey from growing up with it on the TV. He began playing when he was in first grade, and hasn’t dropped his stick since. Shover’s speedy athleticism and good handles allow him to help get everyone on the ice involved. Not only do these skills help him score, but his teammates are also willing to keep him involved in the attack too

“I wouldn’t be able to score without the help from my team,” Shover explained.

His teammate, fellow senior Logan Sherwood, has assisted in nearly half of his goals. All of this keeps Shover on the strongest scoring streak of his career, as he also is able to distribute the puck across the ice. 

Hockey has always been a positive thing in his life, as it allows him to live a high school sports experience. When asked about his favorite part of playing hockey, he responded with, “The friends I have made, and the memories that I will remember forever.”

Shover hopes to continue his success, keeping a positive mentality and attitude throughout the season. Both he and his team have the same goal in mind, being able to succeed in the state tournament.  

As the regular season winds to an end, closing within the next few weeks, both fans and students can look forward to watching Shover and the Bobcats competing to make it into the Central Connecticut Conference tournament, as well as the bigger State tournament. 

Katelyn Roux