Bobcats and Titans Go Head to Head

Kayla Bolling
Hayden Xhokaxhiu coming back from scoring the game tie goal.

The Bobcats played Hall on Tuesday, who in the past has been a very strong team. The Bobcat team is coming off a state title win last year, but also has lost some key players such as Lucas Almeida, who committed to Uconn prior to his senior season last year. With both teams losing a lot of key players, the game was a fair and even fight. 

Throughout the whole first half, both teams struggled to make anything happen. However, in the second half, Hall opened up the score off of a penalty.

The penalty call was controversial and caused a lot of noise and disagreement on the field.

Ultimately, Hall was up for the majority of the second half.

In the final minutes of the game, sophomore Hayden Xhokaxhiu scored the winning goal off an assist from senior Drew Monteserin. Xhokaxhiu usually plays defense; however, every time he plays up the field, he makes a significant impact on the game.

Monteserin didn’t score in this game; however, he was able to make an impact in the end with his assist to Xhokaxhiu.

The game ended with The Bobcats tying with Hall in a 1-1 score.

¨I think the team is doing really well offensively. We frustrated the opponent and were moving the ball well. Against Hall, we did a great job of bouncing back from a goal down and I think we had a lot of intensity and spirit when playing,¨ said senior goalkeeper Eli Chaimovich about what the Bobcats had done well.

Chaimovich also mentioned some factors in the game where he thought the Bobcats didn’t perform as well. ¨We could have done better however, with our composure at times. We knew that the referees were calling every bit of contact and we needed to do a better job of recognizing that and adapting rather than arguing about it and feeling sorry for ourselves.¨

The Bobcats continue to compete in every game. Up next the Bobcats face Bristol Central on Thursday, 10/5 on Bristol’s turf.

Bristol Central is coming off a 4-3 win over Glastonbury, which made them 13th in the league with a record of 4-3.