Boys Soccer Victorious Over E.O. Smith

This Wednesday, September 27th, the South Windsor High School Boys Varsity Soccer team played away at E.O. Smith High School.
Photo Courtesy of Mrs. Romero

This Wednesday, September 27th, the South Windsor High School Boys Varsity Soccer team played away at E.O. Smith High School. The challenge of playing on another field did not stop the Bobcats, as they came home with a 7-0 win over E.O. Smith. 

Four people earned their spot on the score sheet. Senior Jake Gattuso, sophomore Hayden Xhokaxhiu, and junior Tyler Romero all had one, while senior Drew Monteserin had 4. Drew has had 10 goals in the last 5 games and is leading the team score sheet as one of the top scorers in the conference.

Hayden speaks on scoring his first goal of the season, ¨it feels great, I feel like I’m finally getting everything together and fitting into the team, helping everyone out.” Hayden is a young player with a lot of talent, playing on both defense and offense. Xhokachiu played his freshman year as a striker, and this year has an important role as the team’s center-back. 

Another impactful player that doesn’t show up on the score sheet often is Senior Steven Valois, who moved to South Windsor from Peru 2 years ago. Steven shows his competitiveness and skill sets in every play for the boys.

Expect a strong compact team, now that we are in later in the season we have a major chemistry mark

— Sophomore Hayden Xhokachiu

The team has yet to play a home game but is looking forward to their first on Friday, September 29th against RHAM High School. With RHAM being a harder target and the boys finally getting their chemistry in place, the game should be a great one. 

The hard work during practice has paid off as the boys are undefeated 5 games into the season. The Bobcats will do everything they can in order to maintain their winning streak.

View Comments (2)