SWHS Cheerleaders Ready to Kick it Off for the New Season

Ta
SW Cheerleaders practice at NCA Cheer Camp in Rhode Island. Photo provided by NCA Coach.

South Windsor cheerleaders are ready to come back stronger than ever and make an impression after starting off the season late last year due to a change in head coach. 

The cheerleaders have been working hard every since the summer, making sure they are well prepared for this season’s games. During the summer, the cheerleaders organized fundraisers such a car wash on Sullivan Ave. and Rita’s, which both were successful and helped lower the cost of Cheer Camp.

Cheer Camp was new for the cheerleaders, as this was the first year in which they attended.

Cheer Camp was very helpful to me.

— Freshman Monet Dufresne

“Cheer Camp was very helpful to me, and I think a lot of my cheer teammates on our cheer team. It gave me the chance to learn a lot of [things] and perfect the skills I already had. Not only did I get to have new techniques and skills, I also got a chance to get to know my teammates even more than I did. I loved the fact we got our own coach at NCA, like you would with a camp counselor,” said freshman Monet Dufresne.

While the ladies have been working hard during the summer, they have also been working hard ever since school started by having practice twice a week in the rubber room and extra when needed.  

The South Windsor High School Cheerleaders are ready for the season after having a little bit of a rough start due to thunder postponing the first game against E.O Smith. 

“I felt like the practices were productive, we got together as a team and collaborated to make as much progress as possible. The incoming freshman learned cheers quickly, and it was overall an amazing learning experience,” said sophomore Nafissa Ly.