Bobcats Attack the CCC Tournament

Boys lacrosse begins round 1 of CCC tournament
SW+Bobcat+seniors+talking+pregame+before+taking+on+RHAM+for+senior+night.+
Eli Schwartzman
SW Bobcat seniors talking pregame before taking on RHAM for senior night.

The boys will arrive at RHAM high school today at 4pm for a rematch versus RHAM, after not winning the matchup when the played them during the final game of the season. The boys did not come away with the win, which is why they are even more fired up to win today. 

The Bobcats were holding a first place spot in the CCC going into Senior Night, which was their final regular season game of the year. They took a tough loss, giving up first place, and now have to play an away game. An away game does not scare the Bobcats, who are no stranger to adversity after a rough start to the season, and, looking like it was going to be another losing season, they rallied together winning six of their last seven games, clinching a winning record for the first time in seven years. 

“I think it’s great that we improved so much as a team since last year and to finally have a winning record feels awesome,“ senior Mitch Chaves said.

Pullquote Photo

…to finally have a winning record feels awesome.

— Senior Mitch Chaves

With not much luck in the past for the lacrosse team, they hope to win the CCCs for the first time since 2017.

If the Bobcats win, which they are confident they will, they will play in the CCC championship versus either Newington or Farmington on Thursday, May 23rd. The good news is they have beaten both of these teams earlier in the season.

If all things go to plan the Bobcats could have a very successful playoffs. 

“We’re all excited to play in the CCC’s this year and are looking to win it,” senior Sam Czaja commented. This is a common theme among all players on the team, especially the seniors who know this is their last ever chance at winning. 

With the regular season over, the Bobcats are all united and on the same page, looking to win the conference championship. The goal the whole season was for this to happen, and now it’s in their hands to make it a reality.