A Journey to Success: Nails By Jodee

Jodee doing a set of nails for a client while recording for her social medias.
Rachel Pospisil

Most people discover their life’s passion after high school and spend their early college years pursuing a degree to help them achieve success in that field. However, this South Windsor High School alumni knew what she wanted to do since she was 16 and instead chose to follow a more individualistic path for her success. 

After graduating from South Windsor High School in 2020, Jodee Pospisil has pursued her passion for cosmetology in creating her self-owned nail salon. Despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, Jodee’s resilience and adaptability have kept her business thriving.

Jodee Pospisil’s journey from South Windsor High School to successful salon owner is proof of the power of passion, hard work and community support. As she continues to make her mark in the beauty industry, she remains an inspiration to all who know her, proving that with dedication and determination, any dream is within reach. 

In 2019, Jodee had begun to practice doing nails during her sophomore and junior years of high school. Simply by working in the basement of her house, she taught herself everything she knew, shaping, applying, designs, etc. During this time she had many clients, most being students from South Windsor High School.

“Best effort. Best service. Best results,” returning client, senior Maddie Comella, said regarding her experience with Jodee.

In 2020, Covid-19 had hit, and it did put a stop to her business for a while. But once CDC restrictions were lifted, Jodee went to go work in a salon under an apprenticeship to get her nail technician license. Doing this allowed her to work and gain experience while also getting her license without having to go to a cosmetology school. She then stayed at this salon for the next two years so she could learn more skills from people around her. This also allowed her to try more styles, techniques and learned to work better on different hands.

It’s nice to have a career I wake up every day and feel excited to go to, not many people get to express their creativity through work.

— Jodee Pospisil

After being in the beauty industry for a while, she decided to open a new door and get certified for lash extensions, while still focusing on nails.

Finally in 2022, Jodee decided to take the next step in her career. She began to rent out her own private salon space right on the border of South Windsor and Manchester to showcase and advance her work.

Since then, Nails By Jodee has been very successful, and she continues to do nails and lashes full time to this day. The business is very popular amongst South Windsor residents and is known for her creative, articulate nail art that she grows with each day.