SWHS Welcomes New Assistant Principals
SWHS Welcomes New Assistant Principals
Eliza Blanchfield, Editor • May 18, 2024

During the month of May, information regarding the future admin team of South Windsor High School was...

Junior, Hailey Deptula, proudly holds the  Make A Change grant with SW Youth and Family Services director, Liz Langevin, and English teacher, Mrs. Flachsbart.
Students Make a Change in Their Community
Elizabeth Sinclair and Eliza BlanchfieldMay 17, 2024

Each year, South Windsor provides an opportunity for students to apply and obtain a $200 Mini-Grant....

Alex Ezedine spiking a volleyball over the net against Newington
Serving Up a Storm
Alex Ouellet, Staff Writer • May 16, 2024

The boys volleyball team celebrated a 3-0 win against Newington on Tuesday, May 14th after a tough loss...

Bobcat Nation News Thursday, May 16
Bobcat Nation News • May 16, 2024

Check out Bobcat Nation News for Thursday, May 16th.

The seniors stand in front of their poster after the senior game.
The Final Buzzer Sounds
Jillian Yelle and Avery YelleMay 16, 2024

On Monday, May 13th, South Windsor High School's Girls Lacrosse team celebrated their seniors in a game...

Juniors Lauren, Christine, Aasritha, Cassie, Gianna and Norah take a selfie at the prom.
Picture Perfect Prom
Gwen Giard, Staff Writer • May 15, 2024

On May 10th, The South Windsor Class of 2025 held their Junior Prom at the Hartford Marriott Downtown.  This...

South Windsor Public Schools K-12 Art Exhibition

Andrew Kronenwetter
South Windsor Public School’s art exhibit showcases artwork from students in grades k-12.

On Thursday, April 25th, the South Windsor Public Library held a K-12 Art Exhibition. The exhibition displays students’ clay work, pottery, drawings, and paintings. Everything from self-portraits to crazy-colored paper masks is showcased during this event. 

The Art show is open to everyone, and students are invited to attend the exhibition and are encouraged to bring their families along. Prior to the event, a letter was sent to South Windsor students whose work was selected. This letter contained an invitation to the Exhibition, making families aware their child’s art would be displayed.

South Windsor Public Library, location of the district’s annual student art exhibit. (Andrew Kronenwetter)

The Exhibition will be up and running until May 7th, providing families with ample time to view their children’s art. The library’s upper level, lower level display cases, and lower level gallery showcase art from students ages 5 to 18.

“The K-12 Art Exhibition is a great opportunity to bring students and families together to see the variety of works our students produce in their art programs. It is also exciting to see students’ growth over the years. Some students have had their work in the show since elementary school,¨ South Windsor High School art teacher Ms. Lane, stated. 

Pottery, Jewelry, Metalwork, and Watercolor-filled papers with amazing colorways are available for South Windsor residents to admire during the walkthrough, along with vibrant face masks, and energetic graffiti. Just at a glance, the detail of these pieces is extraordinary. 

¨[My favorite part of the exhibition was] seeing all the different types of artwork they make and their creativity,” junior, Ritika Abburi, told The Prowl.

Students have spent months working on their art, many of the pieces leaving viewers awestruck. Talented high schoolers worked tirelessly on their art during class and their free time, ensuring only their best work would be present at the exhibition. 

¨It means a lot to have all of our programs come together to share this experience with the community. My favorite part is when I am able to be there for the moment when the student is showing their parents their work. It is wonderful to share in the pride of the student’s creativity and hard work,” explained Lane.

This art exhibition allows students to express their creativity and pieces and helps them gain recognition throughout the art community.