Sophomore Brayden Edwards up to bat during the Bobcats 11-7 victory over Farmington.
Bobcats Clinch Early Playoff Berth With Win Over Farmington
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • April 30, 2024

On a hot Monday afternoon, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted the Farmington River Hawks. The Bobcats came out winning the contest,...

Number 4, sophomore attack, Jillian Yelle, runs towards goal during the game.
SWHS Girls Lax Faces Off Against RHAM
Katelyn Roux, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024

The South Windsor High School girls lacrosse team traveled to Rham on Tuesday, April 23rd to take on the Raptors. The Bobcats left with a victory...

Junior Robert Wunsch walks onto the mound during the Bobcats 10-0 victory over E.O. Smith.
‘Cats Achieve Perfection; Win Fifth Straight Game
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • April 28, 2024

On Saturday, April 27, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted Edwin O. Smith, winning the contest 10-0, and achieving the first known...

Pitching to Perfection
Avery Yelle and Jillian YelleApril 26, 2024

With the arrival of spring comes the beginning of a new season for the South Windsor Bobcats’ Softball team. After losing some key players...

Boys Volleyball, Killing It

The Bobcats getting ready to block a hit by Hall.
Mr. Ouellet

The boy’s volleyball team is doing well about halfway through the season. The team has a 6-1 record and is looking solid with 10 games remaining in the regular season.

With a notable win against Southington, a team with a record that does not reflect their strength, the Bobcats were able to prove early in the season they are able to play against some of the better teams in the state. 

Based on their current record and performance, the team is basically a shoo-in for states and has a real shot at making it far in the postseason. 

The Bobcats had a difficult spring break, losing starting outside hitter, senior Eoin Gately, a key player. Despite his absence, the team was able to take a win against Wethersfield, and Southington but had a disappointing loss to Conard over break. 

With the tough loss to Conard, the team was looking to bounce back and did so against Maloney and New Britain winning 3-0 to both teams.

The starting Libero, senior Aidan Walsh had a strong game against Maloney shutting down most of the Spartan’s serves, and Gatley after going on the Spain trip had a great first game back and now looks completely back in form after the New Britain game. 

The team has high expectations for the rest of the season and is continuing to work hard.

“We’re working to get better in practice every day. We all want to succeed so everyone is working towards the same goal,” senior Libero Aidan Walsh said. 

The Bobcats have two games this week. They played against Hall on Wednesday, April 24 and the Bobcats took a 3-0 win. 

Gately had a great game with 14 kills (points) against Hall. 

But, this Friday, the Boys take on the #2 ranked team in the state Simsbury. Simsbury is an extremely well rounded team and has an extremely talented roster. The Bobcats beating Simsbury would be an amazing achievement for the team.

¨We are gonna come out strong and keep our foot on the pedal,¨ senior hitter Sameer Gupta commented when asked how the Bobcats plan on taking Simsbury down.