Track runner, senior Serena Thaker getting ready to run her event
Racing to New Heights
Nick Perez, Staff Writer • May 23, 2024

With the season coming to a close, anyone can see, when reviewing the girls track team, the stellar season they had in the record books. This...

Coach McDermott gathers with a couple of players at the mound during a pitching change.
‘Cats Win CCC East With Win Over Eagles
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • May 21, 2024

On Monday, May 21, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted the East Catholic Eagles, winning the contest 6-5 and securing their first...

SW Bobcat seniors talking pregame before taking on RHAM for senior night.
Bobcats Attack the CCC Tournament
Alec Dziuba and Luke TaylorMay 21, 2024

The boys will arrive at RHAM high school today at 4pm for a rematch versus RHAM, after not winning the matchup when the played them during the...

Girls tennis gives a pep talk before a home match.
On the Way to a Victory!
Jaelyn Salas, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024

The South Windsor girls tennis team has had a great season this year with a record of 13-1 and are expected to do well in the upcoming CCC conference...

SWHS Track Team Jump Starts Their Season

Annalyse McKenna
SWHS’s varsity heat outruns Aerospace High School’s in their 100 meter.

The Bobcats have had a rough start to the season, losing the first 2 meets of the season against Manchester and Tolland. Yet, they were determined to make a comeback in their tri-meet on Tuesday, April 23 against Aerospace High School and Enfield.  

“The team preserved and we got the win after long hard practices and tough loss against our rivals Tolland,” junior Nathan Tenney said. 

The team won overall in their meet on Tuesday against Enfield. SW boys varsity had a final score of 86 over 64. And the girls swept with 95 points to Enfield’s 53. 

Sophomore London Bascomb made states for javelin with a score of 90.5 feet. 

“I am happy to have been able to make states again this year, and I am looking forward to pushing myself throughout the season in order to keep improving. My biggest opponent is myself,” Bascomb explained. 

South Windsor boys took 1st in the 100, 200, 400, and 110 meter hurdles, 4×100 and 4×800.

“Our 4×100 team hasn’t lost yet and a lot of guys including myself have been placing top 3 in the 100 and 200. Our 4×100 team is looking to beat our school record we currently hold from last year”, junior Ethan Burke said.

Sophomore Ariana Rosario sprinting in the 100 meter in a meet against CREC. (Annalyse McKenna)

Boys also took first place in shot put, high jump, long jump and triple jump. 

“But for the throwers, we got it done in shot and made sure to get placement points in both other events. We did our job,” junior Will Campbell commented. 

The teams will compete again on Thursday, April 25 against EO. Smith and this will be a big competition for the Bobcats.