Junior Robert Wunsch walks onto the mound during the Bobcats 10-0 victory over E.O. Smith
‘Cats Achieve Perfection; Win Fifth Straight Game
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • April 28, 2024

On Saturday, April 27, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted Edwin O. Smith, winning the contest 10-0, and achieving the first known...

Pitching to Perfection
Avery Yelle and Jillian YelleApril 26, 2024

With the arrival of spring comes the beginning of a new season for the South Windsor Bobcats’ Softball team. After losing some key players...

Senior Connor Mahan walks off field during South Windsors win over Berlin.
Mid Season Madness
Luke Taylor, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

The boys lacrosse team is starting off the season 3-3.  Coming off of a 3 game win, Saturday April 13th, Tuesday, April 16th, and Thursday,...

The Bobcats getting ready to block a hit by Hall.
Boys Volleyball, Killing It
Erik Montes de Oca and Alex OuelletApril 25, 2024

The boy's volleyball team is doing well about halfway through the season. The team has a 6-1 record and is looking solid with 10 games remaining...

Boys Volleyball off to a Good Start

The SWHS boys volleyball taking the volleyball court for the first time this season.
Mr. Oullett

The South Windsor Boys Volleyball team took a win over the Enfield Eagles on April 3, beating them 3-1 in the 2024 season opener. 

The Bobcats came out of the gates strong, taking the first set decisively. However, the Eagles didn’t need long to recover, responding in the second set strongly and taking the set to level the score. After the second set, the South Windsor boys were able to lock into the game, marching through the next two sets to knock down the Eagles and starting the season undefeated.  

The team has some notable players returning to the squad after a strong season last year. Eion Gately, Alexander Ezedine, Anthony Santini, and Aiden Walsh all chose to come back for their senior, and 4th, season with the Bobcat volleyball team. The boys are off to a strong start and have a promising group of talent. The team that has plenty of potential, and hopes to make it deep into the playoffs. 

Good start to the season. 3-1 win. I think as a team cohesively we work well together. We are all in sync. It was good

— sophomore Owen Jerr

“This is a good start to the season. The team still needs to work on a couple things, but I am glad we get to build off a win,” senior outside hitter Alex Ezedine explained when he caught up with The Prowl post-game. 

The team is very solid this year, with strong leadership coming from the nine seniors, as well as a strong core of young talent to follow them. The goal and vision of the season is clear to the up and coming Bobcats.

¨It’s to win states, but we got to work on keeping energy during the lows and bouncing back in order to get to that goal,¨ senior outside hitter, Sameer Gupta commented about their united goal for this year is.  His sentiment is one that is shared by the entirety of the team, and they hope that the momentum through this first game can help push them to that end goal.

The team is confident in their abilities and are ready to push towards their goal of winning states, and the seniors hope to back the team with their leadership and expertise.

The next step for the Bobcats is to carry the momentum from their opening game comes in the form of difficult opposition, the Southington High School Blue Knights. They will go to battle on Friday, April 5th at 6pm at home.