Track runner, senior Serena Thaker getting ready to run her event
Racing to New Heights
Nick Perez, Staff Writer • May 23, 2024

With the season coming to a close, anyone can see, when reviewing the girls track team, the stellar season they had in the record books. This...

Coach McDermott gathers with a couple of players at the mound during a pitching change.
‘Cats Win CCC East With Win Over Eagles
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • May 21, 2024

On Monday, May 21, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted the East Catholic Eagles, winning the contest 6-5 and securing their first...

SW Bobcat seniors talking pregame before taking on RHAM for senior night.
Bobcats Attack the CCC Tournament
Alec Dziuba and Luke TaylorMay 21, 2024

The boys will arrive at RHAM high school today at 4pm for a rematch versus RHAM, after not winning the matchup when the played them during the...

Girls tennis gives a pep talk before a home match.
On the Way to a Victory!
Jaelyn Salas, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024

The South Windsor girls tennis team has had a great season this year with a record of 13-1 and are expected to do well in the upcoming CCC conference...

Boys Volleyball off to a Good Start

The SWHS boys volleyball taking the volleyball court for the first time this season.
Mr. Oullett

The South Windsor Boys Volleyball team took a win over the Enfield Eagles on April 3, beating them 3-1 in the 2024 season opener. 

The Bobcats came out of the gates strong, taking the first set decisively. However, the Eagles didn’t need long to recover, responding in the second set strongly and taking the set to level the score. After the second set, the South Windsor boys were able to lock into the game, marching through the next two sets to knock down the Eagles and starting the season undefeated.  

The team has some notable players returning to the squad after a strong season last year. Eion Gately, Alexander Ezedine, Anthony Santini, and Aiden Walsh all chose to come back for their senior, and 4th, season with the Bobcat volleyball team. The boys are off to a strong start and have a promising group of talent. The team that has plenty of potential, and hopes to make it deep into the playoffs. 

Good start to the season. 3-1 win. I think as a team cohesively we work well together. We are all in sync. It was good

— sophomore Owen Jerr

“This is a good start to the season. The team still needs to work on a couple things, but I am glad we get to build off a win,” senior outside hitter Alex Ezedine explained when he caught up with The Prowl post-game. 

The team is very solid this year, with strong leadership coming from the nine seniors, as well as a strong core of young talent to follow them. The goal and vision of the season is clear to the up and coming Bobcats.

¨It’s to win states, but we got to work on keeping energy during the lows and bouncing back in order to get to that goal,¨ senior outside hitter, Sameer Gupta commented about their united goal for this year is.  His sentiment is one that is shared by the entirety of the team, and they hope that the momentum through this first game can help push them to that end goal.

The team is confident in their abilities and are ready to push towards their goal of winning states, and the seniors hope to back the team with their leadership and expertise.

The next step for the Bobcats is to carry the momentum from their opening game comes in the form of difficult opposition, the Southington High School Blue Knights. They will go to battle on Friday, April 5th at 6pm at home.