Junior Robert Wunsch walks onto the mound during the Bobcats 10-0 victory over E.O. Smith
‘Cats Achieve Perfection; Win Fifth Straight Game
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • April 28, 2024

On Saturday, April 27, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted Edwin O. Smith, winning the contest 10-0, and achieving the first known...

Pitching to Perfection
Avery Yelle and Jillian YelleApril 26, 2024

With the arrival of spring comes the beginning of a new season for the South Windsor Bobcats’ Softball team. After losing some key players...

Senior Connor Mahan walks off field during South Windsors win over Berlin.
Mid Season Madness
Luke Taylor, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

The boys lacrosse team is starting off the season 3-3.  Coming off of a 3 game win, Saturday April 13th, Tuesday, April 16th, and Thursday,...

The Bobcats getting ready to block a hit by Hall.
Boys Volleyball, Killing It
Erik Montes de Oca and Alex OuelletApril 25, 2024

The boy's volleyball team is doing well about halfway through the season. The team has a 6-1 record and is looking solid with 10 games remaining...

Strutting onto the Course

A preview of SWHS’s golf season.
Will Carty
Senior Nick Salafia teeing off in their first meet of the season.

The South Windsor High school golf teams are prepared to get back into another season, after last year’s success.

“I think it’s going to be a pretty good golf season; we have all made progress, and I am looking forward to seeing how we do this season,” junior Maddie Testa told The Prowl.

Testa believes this season will be filled with wins due to how well everyone has done in previous years, and how every year they have always improved, making this year seem like the best opportunity for everyone to improve.

“I think that this year is going to be a good year. I’m excited to see the progress everyone made throughout the year,” sophomore Israel Rivera said. 

Rivera thinks this year is going to be good because everyone has made progress and is excited to see how the season is going to start out. Everyone is already improving, and Rivera believes that this year will have a positive outcome, which is exciting to all team members.

“I believe that this year we will do good if not better than last year because many people made a lot of progress throughout the years,” senior Hailey Testa said.

Testa believes this season is going to possibly be better than last year due to progress made throughout the years.

“I am very much looking forward to this season. We have 11 girls, with 9 of them returning from previous seasons. That should put us in a position to improve as a team dramatically. We also have a great group of senior leaders who do an excellent job of making everyone feel a part of the team,” girls team head coach, Mr. Garrish, said.

Mr. Garish is confident in the fact that this team is going to grow exceptionally with the help of the returning players. 

This golf season is one for the books, due to the returning players’ progress, and the dedication of the team.