Track runner, senior Serena Thaker getting ready to run her event
Racing to New Heights
Nick Perez, Staff Writer • May 23, 2024

With the season coming to a close, anyone can see, when reviewing the girls track team, the stellar season they had in the record books. This...

Coach McDermott gathers with a couple of players at the mound during a pitching change.
‘Cats Win CCC East With Win Over Eagles
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • May 21, 2024

On Monday, May 21, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted the East Catholic Eagles, winning the contest 6-5 and securing their first...

SW Bobcat seniors talking pregame before taking on RHAM for senior night.
Bobcats Attack the CCC Tournament
Alec Dziuba and Luke TaylorMay 21, 2024

The boys will arrive at RHAM high school today at 4pm for a rematch versus RHAM, after not winning the matchup when the played them during the...

Girls tennis gives a pep talk before a home match.
On the Way to a Victory!
Jaelyn Salas, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024

The South Windsor girls tennis team has had a great season this year with a record of 13-1 and are expected to do well in the upcoming CCC conference...

Strutting onto the Course

A preview of SWHS’s golf season.
Will Carty
Senior Nick Salafia teeing off in their first meet of the season.

The South Windsor High school golf teams are prepared to get back into another season, after last year’s success.

“I think it’s going to be a pretty good golf season; we have all made progress, and I am looking forward to seeing how we do this season,” junior Maddie Testa told The Prowl.

Testa believes this season will be filled with wins due to how well everyone has done in previous years, and how every year they have always improved, making this year seem like the best opportunity for everyone to improve.

“I think that this year is going to be a good year. I’m excited to see the progress everyone made throughout the year,” sophomore Israel Rivera said. 

Rivera thinks this year is going to be good because everyone has made progress and is excited to see how the season is going to start out. Everyone is already improving, and Rivera believes that this year will have a positive outcome, which is exciting to all team members.

“I believe that this year we will do good if not better than last year because many people made a lot of progress throughout the years,” senior Hailey Testa said.

Testa believes this season is going to possibly be better than last year due to progress made throughout the years.

“I am very much looking forward to this season. We have 11 girls, with 9 of them returning from previous seasons. That should put us in a position to improve as a team dramatically. We also have a great group of senior leaders who do an excellent job of making everyone feel a part of the team,” girls team head coach, Mr. Garrish, said.

Mr. Garish is confident in the fact that this team is going to grow exceptionally with the help of the returning players. 

This golf season is one for the books, due to the returning players’ progress, and the dedication of the team.