Girls Varsity Basketball Player’s All-Conference Recipients

Varsity players, Angie Santiago and Avery Brochu receive All-Conference awards.
  • Top South Windsor High School girls basketball scorer, Angie Santiago, receives a pass.

Angelica Ruiz
  • Angie Santiago runs off a screen against East Catholic High School.

Angelica Ruiz
  • Junior shooting guard, Angie Santiago, prepares to take a free throw.

Angelica Ruiz
  • Junior Angie Santiago prepares to dribble past the opposing defender.

Angelica Ruiz
  • South Windsor High School shooting guard, Avery Brochu, carries the ball up the court.

Angelica Ruiz
  • Sophomore Avery Brochu prepares for a big game during warm ups.

Angelica Ruiz
  • Brochu taking a free throw after being fouled by an East Catholic player.

Angelica Ruiz
  • Brouchu dribbles up the court against East Catholic High School.

Angelica Ruiz
  • Sophomore Avery Brochu drives to the basket against Conard High School.

Angelica Ruiz
  • All Conference Players Avery Brochu and Angie Santiago in action against East Catholic, RHAM, and Conard.

Angelica Ruiz
  • Sophomore Avery Brochu and Junior Angie Santiago celebrate their awards at the CCC All Conference award ceremony.

Kelly Brochu

On Tuesday, February 20th, junior Angie Santiago and sophomore Avery Brochu were chosen to be a part of this year’s CCC Girls Basketball All-Conference Team. Many view this award as a great achievement and pleasure making it a common goal among multiple athletes here at South Windsor.

“Winning All Conference has been a great accomplishment of mine, showing my work during [the] season and off-season. I am grateful for this opportunity,” Santiago told The Prowl

Santiago and Brochu have worked hard for this goal throughout the majority of their basketball careers. Both started their basketball career playing South Windsor Rec basketball where they found a passion for the sport. The two played travel basketball from the beginning of fifth grade till the start of their high school basketball careers. 

Their hard work and dedication to the South Windsor Girls Varsity Basketball team has continued to drive the team towards success. Santiago and Brochu are the team’s top scorers and consistently use their skills to deliver results during games. 

Brochu is the team’s top rebounder averaging double digits on the boards this season. She is hard-working and a force to reckon with on the basketball court. Her unmatched aggression and passion for the sport secures the team countless rebounds and points. 

Santiago is the team’s current top scorer, earning her points mainly from the three-point line. Her aggression and speed aids her ability to finish off her multiple offensive drives during games. Defensively, Santiago is quick on her feet and her reflexes result in many steals and defensive stops.

Not only do their efforts shine through their statistics, but their positive energy on the team is contagious. 

When asked how Santiago achieved this magnificent goal, she replied, “I did a lot of training during the off-season to better myself and since it is my junior year; I wanted to strengthen my skills.”

Their amazing contributions to the South Windsor High School Girls Basketball Program are greatly appreciated, and both players will return next season to continue to dominate the court and proudly represent the Lady Bobcats.