SWFTK: The Annual Dance Marathon

SWFTK: The Annual Dance Marathon

Kelli Mann, Writer

On Friday, February 7th, South Windsor High School’s, South Windsor For The Kids (SWFTK) club will be hosting the annual dance marathon to benefit Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (CCMC). This event, wrapping up a fine year of fundraising, will take place in the SWHS cafeteria at 6 p.m. 

Throughout the night, students in attendance are given the chance to hangout with friends and participate in many different activities throughout the night like dancing, ping pong and bean bag toss. Each year, this event inspires SWHS students to get up and dance for the night. As they dance, they raise money for more miracles, laughter  and most importantly, for the kids.  

Last year, SWFTK club successfully managed to raise a little over 15,000 dollars last year and are hoping to raise around 18,000 this year. Club members participated in many ways through restaurant fundraisers, canning and sports events. Alongside already raised money, on the night of the event, money donations will also be accepted as well as credit cards and venmo. 

Although most attendees of this event are mainly club members, other students are also  welcome and encouraged to come. A South Windsor for the Kids shirt, sold during all lunch waves this week for $15, is a ticket to get in. Food like pizza and cookies will also be at this event. If you have not reached the $30 fundraising minimum yet this year, you will need to buy a $5 food ticket as well. Hope to see you there!