Student Art Showcase

The South Windsor Public School’s Art Department showcases student-crafted artwork at the 45th Annual Student Art Exhibit.

• The 45th Annual Student Art Exhibit was held at The South Windsor Public Library on April 27th.

Eliz
  • The 45th annual student art exhibit at South Windsor Public Library opened at 6 pm on April 27th.

Eliza
  • South Windsor families journey into rooms full of student art displays.

Eliza
  • South Windsor elementary schools provide self portraits and clay work to the show.

• Students in grades 6 and 7 provide handcrafted clay pieces.

• Timothy Edwards Middle School showcases a wall of student-crafted art.

Eliz
  • South Windsor High School students’ art work hanging on a display wall.

Eliza
  • A student taking AP Studio Art and Design is awarded an honorable mention.

Eli
  • A fish art piece hangs from the ceiling of the South Windsor Public Library

Eliza
  • Second grade students from Eli Terry provide artwork hanging from the ceiling.

Thursday, April 27th, marked South Windsor’s 45th Annual Student Art Exhibit. Each year, art teachers in the South Windsor school district enjoy the privilege of submitting outstanding student artwork to be displayed for the public eye. Students from kindergarten through twelfth grade had the opportunity to showcase their artistic abilities for the South Windsor community’s viewing pleasure. 

At precisely 6:00 pm, South Windsor Public Library’s staff directed the public to their upstairs corridor, where the art was laid-out. Beautiful pieces of art hung from the ceilings and covered the walls. The 2023 Art Exhibit included various visual arts ranging from self-portraits and paintings to clay work and collages. Throughout the evening families and students of all ages scoured the room of eye-catching illustrations and sculptures, and acknowledged the tedious work of South Windsor’s young artists. 

The Annual Art Exhibit serves many purposes for the South Windsor Community. Although the fundamental element of the exhibit is recognizing student’s dedication, the provision of common ground between members of South Windsor serves as an underlying benefit.

“I love the opening because I get to interact with a lot of parents and people from the community, there are a lot of great ways that it opens up our smaller world to the whole community,” expressed Ms. Roxanne Lane, an art teacher at South Windsor High School. Families have the ability to connect with past, present, and future educators and celebrate their children.

there are a lot of great ways that it opens up our smaller world to the whole community

— High School Art Teacher, Ms. Lane

Administrative staff, art teachers, and South Windsor families look forward to the Annual Art Show all year, as there are many beneficial aspects.

“This is the first opportunity students have to be able to say ‘I was in an art show, my work was on display in a public place’. Their family and friends can come to see it, so there are lots of great things about that,” said Lane.

After two and a half hours of socializing and observing student work, the doors to the South Windsor Public Library Art Exhibit closed. The 45th Annual Art Exhibit came to a successful close leaving students, teachers, and families content. The South Windsor community is eager to see what students and educators will unveil at the 46th Annual Student Art Exhibit.