Diving Through Medals

Swim team moves on to State Tournament.
The+South+Windsor+boys+swim+and+dive+team+with+their+coach+at+Glastonbury+High+School.+
Mrs. Garvey
The South Windsor boys swim and dive team with their coach at Glastonbury High School.

The South Windsor Bobcats are having a great swim season so far. Five senior swimmers have led the way: Brian Garvey, Greg Kratz, Ryan Nugyen, Quinn Yanaway, and Issac Gonzalez. This year the swim and dive team has nine members who qualified for States. They are hoping to finish their year strong and do well in States.

Senior swimmer Greg Kratz recently committed to Springfield College to continue his academic and swim journey. 

“I am very excited to swim in college because it’s been my goal for a long time,” said Kratz. 

The swimmers have been reaping the benefits of such a successful season, with many students getting the opportunity to be seen by colleges and chase their goals. 

“We were a competitive team this season as we finished with a 7 and 4 record. The team has been working hard in practice preparing for the postseason,” said star senior swimmer Brian Garvey. Garvey hopes to perform well and close out his season strong this year. 

This year there are many swimmers from last year in high school. Practices have been hard, but no one is complaining because the Bobcats have winning on their mind.

Seniors on the boys swim team stand with a medal. (Mrs. Garvey)

The Dive Team had their CCC meet on Wednesday, February 28th where they placed 2nd, 5th, and 7th.

Junior Dylan Baumgartner and freshman Ian Park successfully moved on and qualified for States. 

The Swim Team had their CCC meet on Thursday, February 29th, where they received second place overall. 

As the 5 seniors leave this year, the team will feel the loss; however, the future is still bright with freshman Shaun Norcott, junior Dylan Baumgartner, and junior Aaron Park all qualifying for States. 

Gonzalez, Kratz, Garvey, Yanaway, Nugyen, Baumgartner, Ian and Aaron Park, and Norcott have been confirmed to all be swimming in the upcoming State Tournament.