Pitching to Perfection

Bill Ryan
Senior Gabby Ryan throwing a strike to the batter during the East Catholic Game.
Gabby Ryan pitches a fastball to strike out the batter.
Max Preps

With the arrival of spring comes the beginning of a new season for the South Windsor Bobcats’ Softball team. After losing some key players from previous seasons, senior captain Gabby Ryan looks to motivate her team to push through and play to the best of their abilities. 

Gabby Ryan is the starting pitcher for the Bobcats, leading the team with her immense knowledge of the game from her 10 years as a softball player. In their win against East Catholic Gabby Ryan and her teammate Sienna Michaelson were named players of the game. Ryan pitched all 7 innings in their 5-4 first win of the season.  

She was again named player of the game against E.O Smith due to her outstanding performance pitching 9 innings to hold the Panthers off. After the additional innings, the Bobcats were defeated by E.O. Smith but are motivated to take on Farmington for their next game. 

I enjoy leading the younger girls and giving them a trusted person and teammate to be able to go to

— senior Gabby Ryan

Ryan demonstrates leadership qualities on and off the softball field. Outside of her devotion to the softball team, Ryan works as a camp counselor during the summer. She is also a leader and member of the music-making club at South Windsor High School. 

“I enjoy leading the younger girls and giving them a trusted person and teammate to be able to go to,” Ryan told The Prowl.

Ryan was not only elected as a captain for the 2024 season but she was also a captain as a junior during the 2023 season, where she helped her team adjust to a new head and assistant coach. 

“I enjoy working with my teammates and striking people out on the mound,” Ryan said. 

Gabby Ryan has left her mark on the softball community as a pitcher, teammate, captain, coach, and friend. 

In addition to her devotion to the sport at the high school level, Ryan volunteers her time by teaching younger girls how to pitch and play the game.

A dedicated leader, funny friend, and kind-hearted person Ryan inspires children and teammates alike.