Setting Up For The New Season

Last years team huddle during a practice with now seniors Alex Ezedine, Ollie Durbois, Eoin Gatley, Evan Czaja and Vrish Uchil.
SW Yearbook
Last year’s team huddle during a practice with now seniors Alex Ezedine, Ollie Durbois, Eoin Gatley, Evan Czaja and Vrish Uchil.

With spring sports ending their tryouts and starting their actual season, the South Windsor Bobcat Boys Volleyball team begins their season with an all new team that  is looking strong for the upcoming year. With the return of senior setter Anthony Santini and hitters Alexander Ezedine, Eoin Gately, and Oliver Durbois, the front line is going to be the clear strength of this year’s team. 

The Bobcats had an upsetting end to last year’s season, losing to Conard in the first round of states; the boys are now out for revenge this season. They are looking to make a long run in the playoffs this year. 

It was an unfortunate end to the season, but we are looking forward to this season

— senior Aidan Walsh

With opponents such as Conard, Southington, and other strong schools in this year’s league, the team has their work cut out for them. 

During the past weekend, the team participated in a preseason tournament.  The boys had an  opportunity to showcase their skills and let the other teams know they were determined and ready for the upcoming season.

During the offseason, the boys worked tirelessly, sharpening their skills and building team chemistry.  Many of the team members had also been playing together on their AAU team outside school. With practice multiple times a week and tournaments almost every weekend, it is evident this year’s team is working hard to get the best out of this season. 

When predicting the success of his senior year, Alex Ezedine told The Prowl, “With the season starting soon, and all of the off-season work, I really think we have a great shot at doing well this season.”

The boys will travel to Enfield High School to challenge the Eagles next week on Wednesday, April 3rd.  The boys hope to make a statement and start their season off with a victory.