Picture Perfect Prom

Juniors+Lauren%2C+Christine%2C+Aasritha%2C+Cassie%2C+Gianna+and+Norah+take+a+selfie+at+the+prom.++
Lauren Graham
Juniors Lauren, Christine, Aasritha, Cassie, Gianna and Norah take a selfie at the prom.

On May 10th, The South Windsor Class of 2025 held their Junior Prom at the Hartford Marriott Downtown. 

This night dedicated to creating that special high school experience was wonderfully executed by the class officers. Junior Vice President Lauren Graham shared that they had been planning this enchanted night since April of 2023. Lots of time had been spent on making this night as perfect as possible. 

“Seeing everyone have fun will make all the planning worthwhile,” Graham shared with The Prowl. 

The 2024 junior prom was held at the Marriot in Downtown Hartford.

Though there were some speed bumps with the event planning because of budgeting, they were able to make a night that no one will forget. 

Other than the music and dancing there were other options to fill your time as well. When you first walked in you were greeted with a gathering area outside of the ballroom, a perfect place to take a break from the lively bustle from the dance floor. You could find tables and chairs to sit at, hor d’oeuvres and desserts, a drink station, and a fan favorite, a photo booth with props to make memorable photos. 

The food options were a question of curiosity to the people attending, and many were actually pleasantly surprised  with the quality they were presented with. The food was served buffet style with options of, caesar salad, pasta, chicken, salmon, green beans, mashed potatoes, and, of course, rolls. 

“I was surprised that the food was pretty good,” Junior Christine Vnuk commented.

Though there was a bit of controversy over the music during the night. Attendees wished that there was more participant influence on the choice of music.

“I would say the music was pretty mediocre. There were some good songs in there, but the DJ would cut them off early which was annoying,” Junior Caed Nourie shared. 

Alongside that, many of the “good” songs were played while people were arriving or eating, which was upsetting to some. Nourie shared that he thought the ability to recommend songs would have made the night feel more like the students. 

Posing for photos at the prom, juniors had a great time at the Harford Marriot.

Other than that, the night was utterly exemplary. Chaperones shared that students stayed later than usual compared to previous years. There was lots of thought put into the night through the planning and the people attending, everything was stunning. What most people took away from the night was sharing this once in a lifetime experience with their friends. 

“My favorite part about prom was getting dressed up with my friends and dancing the night away,” Nourie said.