Track runner Shawn Baidoo running one of the relay races.
Boys Track Team Sprinting Through the Record Books
Nick Perez, Staff Writer • May 23, 2024

With many records broken this year, it was a very successful season.  The 2024 boys varsity team...

Track runner, senior Serena Thaker getting ready to run her event
Racing to New Heights
Nick Perez, Staff Writer • May 23, 2024

With the season coming to a close, anyone can see, when reviewing the girls track team, the stellar season...

World Summit
Brianna Sweeney, Staff Writer • May 23, 2024

World Summit is a current events debate presented by 9th grade history classes to expand students' knowledge...

Seniors Riley Boyle, Katelyn Roux, and Samantha Grodovich pose for a photo after dinner.
SWHS Seniors Celebrate a Casual Senior Reception
Katelyn Roux, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024

On Friday, May 17th, the class of 2024 attended their senior reception at the Marriott in Windsor, CT.  Senior...

Mrs. Wolff works with her student teacher during a child development class.
Mrs. Wolff Retiring
Annalyse McKenna, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024

South Windsor High School’s beloved child development and child care teacher, Mrs. Ann Wolff, is retiring...

Coach McDermott gathers with a couple of players at the mound during a pitching change.
‘Cats Win CCC East With Win Over Eagles
Eli Schwartzman, Web Manager • May 21, 2024

On Monday, May 21, the South Windsor High School baseball team hosted the East Catholic Eagles, winning...

Pathways and Blooms

SW Garden Tour & Plant Sale
The South Windsor Garden Tour and Plant Sale advertised by the Wood Memorial Library & Museum.
Judith Mohan

The “Pathways and Blooms – A South Windsor Garden Tour & Plant Sale”  is set to hold 8 unique gardens scattered throughout the State of Connecticut and including various spots in South Windsor. This event is not just a fest for the eyes, but is also said to be a recognition of nature’s beauty and a memorial for Betty Gerhis, the founding member of Down to Earth Garden Club. The event is scheduled to take place on June 9th.

“It is interesting to see what makes up each persons ‘little oasis,’” member of the club, Vicky Margiott, told The Prowl.

Organized by the Down to Earth Garden Club and Wood Memorial Library & Museum, this event promises to captivate people of all ages from across the state. The tour will be a fundraiser channeled towards the club’s future environmental programs and conservation initiatives hosted by the club.

“An interesting, diverse set of gardens to view,” secretary of Down to Earth Garden Club, Diane Marshall, commented.

Each of the 8 gardens is said to have its own design and uniqueness. The natural terrain of the land and the owner’s interests is said to be portrayed in the event held. Perennial plants that are hand grown by the members of the club are to be sold in the plant sale event.

Perennial flowers such as the common lilac, is one of the flowers that the Down to Earth Garden Club will be selling this year. (Judith Mohan)

The event is also promised to be the site of the club’s “Gift-Basket Raffle.” These baskets feature themed items and gift cards donated from local area businesses. The event also promises fun activities, great food, garden selections and more. Participants and visitors of the Garden Tour are encouraged to participate in donations to their nursery which may include hanging baskets, planters, and plants.

In order to participate, visitors are encouraged to buy tickets to the event sold at  Wood Memorial library. The cost ranges from about $20-25$. 

The “Pathways and Blooms Garden Tour & Plant Sale,” is an event to be held not only for the improvement of the environment, but also a celebration of the unique and unrecognized environment that we live in.