Girls Varsity Basketball New Addition: Coach Alex Goslin

Coach Goslin and the South Windsor Girls JV team celebrate a big win in overtime against East Catholic.
Angelica Ruiz

Coach Alex Goslin is an exciting new addition to both South Windsor High School and the Girls Basketball coaching staff. When Goslin was younger, she attended South Windsor High School and won herself a spot in the Hall Of Achievement, being one of the highest top five basketball scorers in the school’s history.

Goslin is recognized as a top scorer in South Windsor High School basketball history.

In an interview with The Prowl Goslin explained how she began playing basketball. 

“I watched my older brothers’ games as well as college basketball. The game was exciting and fast paced; UConn was also huge at the time and that drew me to the sport. Also, I did whatever sports were in season, so in third grade I picked basketball.”

While she was known for devoting hours of her time to basketball, Goslin also participated in volleyball as well as softball during the off season.

After high school, Goslin went on to play division three basketball at her alma mater Springfield College, where she was yet again a thousand point scorer. 

“I knew I wanted to play something in college. At first I wanted to play softball in college and after my sophomore year when we went to Mohegan I knew I wanted to play basketball in college. After that I played travel softball and AAU basketball for the next two summers. In playing both I solidified that I want to play basketball in college. It was a fast paced game that I liked, Springfield College seemed like a perfect fit,” said Goslin. 

Since there has not been a freshman girls basketball team for years, when Goslin joined the South Windsor High School staff, she decided to help start up the freshmen team again.

I think that [Goslin] is an amazing coach who really expanded my basketball knowledge

— freshman Victoria Hall

Goslin always brings an upbeat and positive energy to practice, which causes players to push themselves further and work harder. 

“I think that [Goslin] is an amazing coach who really expanded my basketball knowledge,” said freshman basketball player, Victoria Hall.

As she enters into this new phase of her career as a coach, Goslin said she is expanding her definition of what this new role entails for her.

“My favorite thing about coaching is probably watching players grow on and off the court. I also enjoy watching the team grow with each other as the season progresses. Watching the team foster an environment together is also really cool to watch.” 

In addition to basketball, Coach Goslin is active in the South Windsor community. She is one of the directors of Camp Discovery and enjoys spending her summers running the camp and recruiting counselors.

Camp Discovery  is a local summer camp run through the Parks and Rec department. Children of various ages take part in fun activities such as spirit days, “career day” and  field trips to local amusement parks. 

Both her enthusiasm for the sport and skill on the hardwood make her an indispensable asset to the girls basketball team now.