Mrs. Barrett standing outside her classroom in which she teaches Marketing.
Featured Teacher: Mrs. Barrett
Nicole Kamm, Staff Writer • March 1, 2024

From having a 1% chance of living to becoming one of the best role models in South Windsor High School, Mrs. Barrett is someone students look...

Kerry Stephens holding up one of the many pots she created in front of the glazes she used.
A Creative Craft
Lilliana Girouard and Zoe GagliardoFebruary 27, 2024

South Windsor High School senior Kerry Stephens has spent months over the summer, and school year, researching how to create her own glaze by...

Mrs. Powell, South Windsor High School chemistry teacher standing in her classroom.
The Formula for Success: Featuring Mrs. Powell
Avery Yelle and Jillian YelleFebruary 26, 2024

South Windsor High School's AP chemistry teacher, Mrs. Powell, has been a teacher for 21 years. In that time, she has inspired her students to...

The diverse foods that were prepared and served by the many groups.
Cooking Club Shares the Art of Food
Kaylee Turner, Staff Writer • February 26, 2024

On Thursday, February 22nd, Cooking Club members gathered after school to create and design a variety of different foods to represent the numerous...

Coach Goslin and the South Windsor Girls JV team celebrate a big win in overtime against East Catholic.
Girls Varsity Basketball New Addition: Coach Alex Goslin
Izabel Dzubin and Mia RuizFebruary 22, 2024

Coach Alex Goslin is an exciting new addition to both South Windsor High School and the Girls Basketball coaching staff. When Goslin was younger,...

Midterms Wrap Up

Tiffany Castellon
Midterm week recently wrapped up and students are ready to get into the second semester.

This past week the student body met this season’s midterms. These midterms are a test of what students have learned throughout the year up to a certain point. The focus of this test is quarters one and two. As test grades are finalized, The Prowl checked in to see how South Windsor High School did. 

According to sophomore Sahara Martin, midterms seemed to be successful. “I think midterms went well for me. I spent hours studying and practicing the material I was given. The teachers gave students study guides to review the work throughout the year so far, which also provided support.”

I spent hours studying and practicing the material I was given.

— Sahara Martin

¨I teach freshmen, so I think that for the first round of midterms they did a pretty good job and handled it well,¨ social studies teacher Ms. Whitmore explained. She believes students who took on the tests for the first time did an admirable job.

English teacher Mrs. Flachsbart added, “I teach rhetoric and AP Lang, and I believe that, overall, students put a lot of effort into the midterms, and I felt that their midterm scores reflected that, as they appropriately showcased their ability.” Flachsbart, who has a majority of students who are juniors, firmly believes midterms went along with effort for all students.

¨I teach honors algebra and CP Pre Calc, and I think overall they went well and kids were successful,¨ math teacher Ms. Andrews explained. As a teacher of a broad range of academic levels, she believes that what she teaches helps students do well for these classes and beyond. 

This poll has ended.

How do you think midterms went?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

¨I think overall midterms went well and students rose to the challenge and were excited to be half way through the year,” English teacher Mrs. Howard said. She believes that although there was a challenge, all students fought through adversity to succeed.

As we march further into the second semester, many students remain battle tested and ready for whatever may be thrown at them.