South Windsor’s Weekend Market

• The South Windsor Farmers Market welcomes all residents every Saturday morning.

• Little Ark Farm LLC displays fresh produce and floral arrangements at the Farmers Market.

• South Windsor local business Euphoria Blossoms has bouquets of flowers displayed for customers.

• South Windsor Farmers display their freshly grown produce at their booths.

• Jams, jellies, pickles and other jarred goods are displayed at this booth.

• Bayberry Meadows Herbs offers homegrown herbs and spices to the public.

• Oils and dressings are displayed for South Windsor residents to purchase.

• South Windsor Residents take turns visiting each booth provided at the Farmers Market.

• Booths and vendors line the field awaiting their customers arrival.

Rain or shine, the South Windsor Farmers Market has been held every Saturday this summer since June 3rd, 2023. Residents, local farms, businesses, and entertainers come together for locally-grown happiness for 3 hours every week. 

“It gives a sense of community. You see the people in the community and feel like you are connected while getting a chance to learn and try new things,” Merle Cohen, a South Windsor member, told The Prowl.

Local businesses join to support the farmers market each week. Booths and vendors line the field, providing a variety of options for market attendees. Peoples Bank, Whole Foods Market, Environmental Services Inc., and Burgess Insurance are a few of the many businesses that have offered sponsorship to the South Windsor Farmers Market. 

Games, crafts, and family fun are provided for those with young children, giving parents the chance to enjoy the Farmers Market as well. 

“It is a place where you can go out and see people from town casually,” Steve Cohen, a resident, told The Prowl.

In addition, the vendors are rotated each week allowing different businesses the opportunity to gain publicity and sell merchandise.

I look forward to meeting people, socializing, and of course getting the word out for my shop

— Sathiya Arumugam, owner of Euphoria Blossoms

The South Windsor Farmers Market keeps locals involved in their community throughout the year, not to mention the positive impact it has on the ongoing issue of climate change. The Farmers Market Coalition explains that by providing an environmentally friendly distribution of produce, South Windsor is becoming one of the many towns helping to lower the dangers of global warming. 

South Windsor Parks and Recreation’s final Farmers market will be held on October 7th, 2023 due to the nearing Winter. Although the Farmers Market will be missed, South Windsor farmers, vendors, and residents look forward to next year when the Market will rise again.