South Windsor’s Concert in the Park

Eliza Blanchfield
South Windsor Community members enjoying the Savage Brothers performance while in their lawn chairs.

On Thursday, September 14th, families made their way to 220 Nevers Road where they enjoyed the South Windsor Parks and Recreation’s Concert in the Park. Many attractions were present at this event including food trucks, vendors, a kid zone, and live music produced by the Savage Brothers

South Windsor Parks and Recreation hosts a Kid Zone for the children at the concert.
(Eliza Blanchfield)

Families arrived as early as 4:00pm, setting up their lawn chairs in the field in preparation for the performance. The vendors and food trucks were accessible at precisely 5:00pm, before The Savage Brothers began their performance. South Windsor Parks and Recreation enjoys creating an environment that allows others to get involved in the community.

“This event in particular is sponsored by Jay’s Landscaping and Environmental Services Incorporated, both of which are South Windsor businesses that truly support our mission for the department,” Shauna Damon, organizer of The Concert in the Park, stated. 

The best part of my job is the people. I am all over the place between Massachusetts and Connecticut, meeting people from all walks of life is by far the best part

— Joe Flaherty, owner of Coffeeology Street Cafe

Families visited the numerous vendors and food trucks made available throughout the concert. The food trucks, Los Mariachis, The Filling Station, Coffeeology, and Wanes Wings, are all local businesses that enjoy working within 06074.

Events like these allow South Windsor residents to create lifelong memories with one another.

People of all ages are able to delight in the ambiance of the concert.

Food Trucks and Vendors line the field, providing concessions and merchandise during the concert. (Eliza Blanchfield), while making connections with those around them. 

“I love the music variety, and I love the food trucks here; it brings everybody together in a happy mood,”  Norene Kilburn, South Windsor citizen, told The Prowl.

When the concert came to a close at 8:00pm, South Windsor thanked the Savage Brothers and other entertainers, and headed home until the next South Windsor Parks and Recreation event.