SWHS Music Department Introduces Newest Member

Elizabeth Sinclair
South Windsor High School’s new band teacher, Mrs. Jackson, gets acclimated to her new school.

As South Windsor High School enters a new era, so does the SWHS Music department. This year South Windsor has opened its doors to Mrs. Angelica Jackson – who recently transferred here from Woodstock Middle School in Woodstock CT, and she is thrilled to be teaching the students here at SWHS.

Jackson has had 10 years of experience coaching bands. Before Woodstock she taught at Putnam High School also in  Woodstock, and before that East Lyme in Chesterfield. 

I’m super excited to be able to get to work with these amazing students and continue the legacy

— Mrs. Jackson

Jackson also can not wait to continue the work of this “large and well established program”. 

While South Windsor Is excited to have Mrs. Jackson on board, it’s important to see how the students are adapting to the change in the program. 

“Obviously changes are going to be something I have to adjust to but I’m not having a bad time and I’m learning new things,” Aarya Nair, a trombone player in Mrs. Jackson 5th period Wind ensemble, told The Prowl. “She seems to be going in a different route but she is also a different person entirely so I would expect as much, and I think she has potential to do as much as the last band teacher.” 

“I’m excited for the new pace of change,” Isabella Daigle, a flute player in Mrs. Jackson 7th period Symphonic band class, said. “It’s a better chance to start new.”

Everyone is excited for this new era that the SWHS music department is entering, including Mrs. Jackson herself. 

“I’m excited to work with all the students and families and make a bunch of music.”