Summertime Excitement

Mrs. Quinn

With summer just around the corner, SWHS are trying to stay focused on summer while excitement builds.

This poll has ended.

Are you excited for summer?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

There’s tons of excitement rolling through South Windsor High School for our upcoming summer vacation. Although there is just about a month of school left, students are staying focused on their work in an attempt to finish the school year strong. Students are already making plans for what to do during the summer and thinking about how much fun their upcoming vacation will be.

“Although I’m still focused on school right now, I just can’t wait to be out and for vacation to start. I just want to be able to sleep in, be on my own schedule, hangout with my friends, ride my dirt bike, and have a great time,” said  South Windsor High School sophomore Noah Butler. Like many other kids, Butler has excitement for summer and is ready to have a thrilling, long, and relaxing vacation.

I just can’t wait to be out and for vacation to start

— sophomore Noah Butler

“I’m so hyped for the summer vacation to start, but currently I’m making sure to keep my studies up and not let my grades drop at all; I want to keep 100% energy towards my school work and not get distracted by all the fun I know I’m going to have once the summer begins,” said junior Alec Dziuba.  Dziuba is focusing on the most important thing, his school work, before immersing himself fully into the summer mindset and the summertime fun he is planning to have.

I’m making sure to keep my studies up and not let my grades drop at all

— junior Alec Dziuba

The school year is not over yet, and there are still tons of grades that need to go into the grade book, grades that still need to be finalized, and finals still need to be taken. Even with the excitement of students, the school year still is not over and students are still planning to finish the school year strong and stay locked in to their studies before vacation.