Homecoming 2018: A Night to Remember

Kelli Mann, Jenna Ptachcinski, Megan Phadael, Olivia LaRosa, Jess Mann, Amala Mammayil, and Nicole Grasso pose in front of the Homecoming sign on Friday night.

Olivia LaRosa

This past Friday was the Homecoming dance at South Windsor High School and it was undoubtedly a night to remember. The night was full of dancing, singing and taking lots of pictures with friends! Ladies got all dressed up in cocktail dresses and heels. The most popular color of the night was black or navy. Everyone had beautiful dresses on and looked amazing all together. Guys dressed up with button up shirts and ties and some even went for a bold pattern choice.

This years Homecoming dance was planned and set up by the senior class officers and some teachers. Big shoutout to Mrs. Mazzonna, Ms. Andrews and Mr. Eppler for all their hard work and time they put into making this night as special as it was. The senior class officers who also helped set up and made the sign were Dan Kotait, Olivia Porcello, Selena Guo and myself, Olivia LaRosa.

Throughout the night, the DJ played all our favorite songs and people danced in the center of the cafe. 750 tickets were sold, making this event sold out this year. This mean the cafe was full of so many students so it was quite warm. That didn’t stop anyone though from singing and dancing all night long. When people wanted a break they headed out from the acfe and either want t get some refreshments at the table or to the Homecoming sign to take some photos with friends.

You could feel all the energetic vibes that night and could tell it was a really positive time. Junior, Amala Mammal said, “Homecoming was an overall great night and I had a lot of fun with my friends.” She wasn’t the only one who felt this way either. Sophomore, Kathy Adusumilli describes the night as being “super fun and happy she got to it spend the night with all her friends.”

Homecoming is an event we all look forward to here at the high school. It is the only dance and formal event we have besides prom. Everyone looks forward to it for a different reason whether it be getting all dressed up or dancing the night away. Whatever your reason is, I think it is safe to say that everyone enjoyed the night and it was one truly to remember.