Categories:

Girls Volleyball Is Smashing Through The Season

The South Windsor Varsity Volleyball team comes together in a huddle at one of their games. (Kailie Girard)

So far, the girls volleyball team of South Windsor high school has been dominating their competition this season with a current record of  11-4. The Bobcats plan is to finish their last 4 games by utilizing their synergic strategies, to help them close off the season. 

“Usually our captains make the call to make a shift in serve receive,” said Junior outside, London Bascomb. 

After their clean sweep of East Hartford, their confidence has increased on the court. 

This is a clear reflection of their condition and determined mindset that keeps the team focused and drives them to accomplish their goals. 

There were some big games on the schedule, like their Senior Night match against E.O. Smith on October 9th, where they won 3-1, or their win over the 13-3 Enfield Eagles.

Along with E.O Smith, in the Dig Pink game on October 7th against Tolland, the team won again 3-1 where they held  a spotlight on Breast Cancer Awareness, adding even more significance to this matchup.

To the players, “it’s felt like 20 years” since they last beat rival RHAM, but the team was optimistic, and planned to put up a good fight against the Raptors. They believed that after pushing Simsbury to five sets, they had what it took to finally overcome RHAM this season. However, even though the team played tough, and tried their hardest, they unfortunately lost with a final score of 3-1. 

As the team looks to build on their solid performance, fans are ready to put this game in the past, and are eager to see how the ‘Cats will handle the remainder of their season

The team still has three games remaining on the schedule. On October 17, the Lady ‘Cats will take on New Britain, then will battle East Catholic and Simsbury in their final two games to close out the regular season, looking to finish strong heading into the CCC tournament and the state playoffs.