South Windsor residents pose for a photo while attending the 42nd Annual Strawberry Festival
Annual Strawberry Festival and Craft Fair
Eliza Blanchfield, Editor • June 10, 2024

On Saturday, June 8th, the South Windsor Republican Town Committee (SWRTC) hosted the 42nd annual Strawberry...

Gonzalez standing in front of a statue at USC and Coursey when he visited the U.K. last summer.
Seniors Travel Thousands of Miles for a Unique College Experience
Ethan Sands, Staff Writer • June 5, 2024

With the 2023-24 school year coming to a close, most seniors already know their plans for next year,...

Science Fair
Hana Moustafa, Izabella McKenna, and Ethan SandsJune 5, 2024

South Windsor High School Science Fair took place on Friday, May 24th. Freshman science students presented...

South Windsor Pops Concert
Gwen Giard, Staff Writer • June 4, 2024

Maura Fitzgerald at work as a South Windsor Town Councilor.
A New Addition, Feature Maura Fitzgerald
Emily Porter, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024

After sitting with a vacant seat for a while, Democrat Maura Fitzgerald was appointed to fill the South...

South Windsor, a town of amazing outdoor parks and facilities, proudly unveiled its latest gem – the Outdoor Fitness Center at Nevers Park.
New Outdoor Fitness Center
Hadi Memon, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024

South Windsor, a town of amazing outdoor parks and facilities, proudly unveiled its latest gem – the...

Eliza Blanchfield

On Saturday, June 8th, the South Windsor Republican Town Committee (SWRTC) hosted the 42nd annual Strawberry Festival and Craft Fair. What began as a small event held at the Berry Patch Farm in South Windsor, is now one of the most attended events in town. 

South Windsor Republican Town Committee member, Kenna Kimber, describes the festival as a ‘family friendly event that builds community spirit, offering a low/no cost traditional fun-filled day for families to bond and create many fond memories.’

Kimber had the opportunity to greet South Windsor families throughout the event while selling tickets to the festival attendees. “It was incredibly fun watching families plan out their day. The parents/grandparents were so filled with happiness offering this wonderful experience in our town of South Windsor to the kids,” she explained. 

South Windsor Strawberry Festival and Craft Fair attendees pet Clear Mountain Alpacas. (Eliza Blanchfield)

Sponsored by over 40 local businesses, various activities were offered by the hundreds of volunteers in attendance. Live music performed by the Savage Brothers, a petting zoo, a bounce house, and train/tractor or hay rides were provided. Many local food trucks and craft vendors were present as well, for the enjoyment of all ages. 

“I believe [the festival] brings the community together, and allows people to see the different services and people in their community while coming together joyously,” Jessica Hale, a local Holistic Aesthetician, told The Prowl. 

The town festivities began early on, with a fun non-competitive Little Miss Strawberry Pageant, where children ages 0-6 could show off their strawberry-themed costumes. 

Throughout the event, performers such as the Scoil Rince Luimni Irish Dancers, Level Up Dance studio, and East Celebrity Elite Cheerleaders entertained the town by showcasing their well-rehearsed choreography.  

It is a unique New England experience, with the best strawberry shortcakes around.

— Kenna Kimber

Along with the modernized fun, the Republican Town Committee would like South Windsor residents to understand the historical significance of the fair. 

“The Strawberry Festival and Craft Fair is centered around the history and traditions of South Windsor, such as the harvesting of strawberries and the preparation of the biscuits for strawberry shortcakes,” explained Kimber.

The Festival acknowledges South Windsor’s roots, and the community that continues to flourish, while supporting local businesses, families building lasting memories, and the SWRTC. None of the funds raised are used at the state or national level, all proceeds support local organizations and youth programs. 

South Windsor families explore the local vendors at the Strawberry Festival and Craft Fair. (Eliza Blanchfield)

The SWRTC enjoys supporting South Windsor families and local businesses each year and takes great pride in their community.

“The Strawberry Fest and Craft Fair is historically a celebration of South Windsor and its community. It is a unique New England experience, with the best strawberry shortcakes around,” commented Kimber.

The event ended at 5:00 pm, sending families home for the night with fond memories of the 42nd annual Strawberry Festival and Craft Fair, and eagerly awaiting the 2025 Strawberry Fest.