A Super Science Teacher

Esha Malli
South Windsor High School science teacher, Mr. Carlson is a fan favorite with students.

Mr. Carlson, a beloved member of South Windsor High School with 20 years of experience, is someone who has left a great mark on the community. His passion for teaching science is matched only by his commitment to enlightening the lives of his students and colleagues.

Mr. Carlon’s teaching abilities have earned him many honors, a testament to his popularity amongst the senior class and care for his students. His dedication to extracurricular activities, such as running and building the sets for the fall musical and spring comedy, has not gone unnoticed, as he was honored with the Connecticut Association of Schools’ Excellence in Teaching Award.

I love my job…I love my students

— Mr. Carlson

Beyond his classroom duties, Mr. Carlson has played a pivotal role in various aspects of school life as he co-ran the freshmen orientation program and ensured a smooth transition for the incoming freshmen. His voice echoed through the halls as he announced the home games for baseball and hockey, and served as an MC for the school’s beloved pep rallies. Moreover, his morning announcements have become a staple part of school life, leaving students informed and engaged.

Mr. Carlson’s impact extends far beyond his professional responsibilities. Students and staff alike have expressed their admiration and appreciation for him.

“He’s super nice, I love him,” sophomore Natalie Chin stated, “He always says [hello] to me in the halls.”

Mr. Carlson’s dedication to teaching and involvement in the community has made him a cherished figure among students and staff. His contributions have left a lasting impression, and he plans to continue to teach for many years.