South Windsor residents pose for a photo while attending the 42nd Annual Strawberry Festival
Annual Strawberry Festival and Craft Fair
Eliza Blanchfield, Editor • June 10, 2024

On Saturday, June 8th, the South Windsor Republican Town Committee (SWRTC) hosted the 42nd annual Strawberry...

Gonzalez standing in front of a statue at USC and Coursey when he visited the U.K. last summer.
Seniors Travel Thousands of Miles for a Unique College Experience
Ethan Sands, Staff Writer • June 5, 2024

With the 2023-24 school year coming to a close, most seniors already know their plans for next year,...

Science Fair
Hana Moustafa, Izabella McKenna, and Ethan SandsJune 5, 2024

South Windsor High School Science Fair took place on Friday, May 24th. Freshman science students presented...

South Windsor Pops Concert
Gwen Giard, Staff Writer • June 4, 2024

Maura Fitzgerald at work as a South Windsor Town Councilor.
A New Addition, Feature Maura Fitzgerald
Emily Porter, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024

After sitting with a vacant seat for a while, Democrat Maura Fitzgerald was appointed to fill the South...

South Windsor, a town of amazing outdoor parks and facilities, proudly unveiled its latest gem – the Outdoor Fitness Center at Nevers Park.
New Outdoor Fitness Center
Hadi Memon, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024

South Windsor, a town of amazing outdoor parks and facilities, proudly unveiled its latest gem – the...

Senior Awards Night

• The opening slideshow playing as people filled in for Senior Awards Night.

• Principle Rizzuto handing senior Brain Murdoch a Technology Education Award.

• Mrs. Caless handing out the Social Studies department awards at senior awards night.

• Principle Rizzuto handing senior Brain Garvey his award at senior awards night.

• The Associate Principles waiting to congratulate and give awards to the Portrait of a Gradate Award recipients.

• Senior Grace Yang receiving her award for being apart of the Top Ten in the Class of 2024.

• Senior Olivia Kvadus receiving her award for being apart of the Top Ten in the Class of 2024.

• South Windsor High School’s top 10 students in the graduating class.

• Mrs. White handing out the English Department Awards at senior awards night.

Students in the Class of 2024 filled up the South Windsor High School Auditorium on Thursday, May 30, for the yearly Senior Awards Night, where they would be selected for either department awards, Portrait of a Graduate Awards, or high honors awards. The graduating class’s Top 10 was always announced.

There were around 13 teachers, administrators and curriculum specialists  on the stage to announce awards. In attendance included Mr. Rizutto, Mr. Canova, Mrs. White, Mrs. Lopez, Mrs. Barrett, Mrs. Caless, Mr Sytulek, Ms. Stoj. 

Seniors were instructed to sit in the front rows, as their families sat behind in the auditorium, allowing them easier access to the stage to receive the awards. Awards for specific departments were given out, such as math, art, english, and technology, as well as Portrait of a Graduate awards.

Olivia Kvadus collected many awards, making the most frequent trips up to the stage. 

Mahana Nagarur was announced as the Valedictorian for the class of ‘24 and Ria Shah was given the honor of salutatorian. 

The top 10 for this year’s graduating senior class was rounded out with Rishabh Mohapatra, Raisa Kahlid, Arnav Kumar, Olivia Kvadus, Caroline Perkins, Advaith Satish, Nandhana Senthilkumar, and Grace Yang. 

Students also received awards for showcasing characteristics of the Portrait of a Graduate such as engaged, empowered, resilient and being socially conscious.