One Last Trip

Senior+Rachel+Pospisil+drying+off+after+the+rain+stopped+and+the+sun+came+out.+
Haily Jarvis
Senior Rachel Pospisil drying off after the rain stopped and the sun came out.

The South Windsor High School seniors took their last field trip together to Holiday Hill in Cheshire, CT on Thursday, May 23rd.

However, during the trip, the weather proved itself to be not the best, with rain pouring down on them and also a bit of lighting, but towards the end of the day, the sun started to come out and the seniors were able to enjoy their trip. 

There were a variety of activities that were provided to the seniors. There was a DJ and a dance floor, and seniors were able to show off some new moves. Breakfast and lunch were served during the trip. It gave the seniors time to sit down and eat with friends.

Seniors made the most out of the day at Holiday Hill by taking out canoes. (Haily Jarvis)

Throughout the day, there were different events that seniors got to compete in. They also got to play against other schools, which made the day all the more fun. These events include tug a war and the dunk contest. There were sports available to play like volleyball and rock climbing, but if you weren’t interested in those, there were spray paint tattoos being provided as well.   

“I would recommend to any seniors next year to go to outing because the more people that go from your grade, the more fun it is going to be, and it’s the last trip that your class is going to be taking together,” said senior Jannaya Nti. 

I think that it’s a fun tradition that we should keep doing every year and a great way to come together before graduation. I personally loved going out, being able to hang out with my friends and being able to meet new people and even some people who will be going to the same college as me next year.  

“I think it was a fun experience, even though it rained throughout half the day, it didn’t stop my friends and I from having fun. I think every junior should go,” senior Sofiya Vyshnovsky said.