The Richest Man in South Windsor High School

Mr. Webb first period teaching and giving a lecture to his students.
Rachel Pospisil

“I’m a rich man; I am truly a rich man.” These words were said by a teacher at South Windsor High School who stands out for his exceptional dedication to his students and creative teaching style. The relationships that he has forged, and the trust within those relationships, are the most valuable things he has. Students and staff alike admire this educator for his ability to make learning engaging and enjoyable. 

Michael Webb is best known for his caring nature and commitment to student success. Webb graduated from Central Connecticut State University and is an English teacher who specializes in Literature and Modern World, American Literature, and Literature and Pop Culture. 

Webb’s impact is felt far beyond the school grounds, making him a highly respected and beloved figure in the South Windsor community. 

“This is why I teach,” Mr. Webb says pointing to this wall in his classroom. (Rachel Pospisil)

“Mr. Webb is a great teacher; he is the only person who made 8th period enjoyable as a senior,” senior, Ava Schunder told The Prowl.

Webb creates a welcoming environment, not only in the classroom but in the school community as a whole. Building individual relationships with each student allows him to customize their learning to them in the ways that are best for them.

“Relationships developed with kids can last a lifetime; it’s amazing,” Webb commented.

In 2022, Webb was voted by the senior class to be the speaker at graduation. To Webb, this is one of his favorite achievements here at South Windsor High School, as it highlights the impact he has had on others.

Mr. Webb splits his time between work, family, friends, and one of his favorite things, working out. In 2022 he ran a 5k and has a personal strength trainer. According to the 2022 yearbook, he does this because he likes to feel good about himself. Another one of his favorite things is to go on boat rides. He is able to enjoy the little things and work on himself while being a role model at SWHS.

“I love working with kids, [it’s what] teaching is about, showing and working with students,” Webb explained. This shows the dedication and commitment that Webb puts into each and every student that comes into his life.

Upon reflecting upon teaching, Webb identifies that it is a “tough job; it’s really hard, and it’s not what it used to be, but you could never convince me the good doesn’t outweigh the bad.”