Featured Athlete: Justin Dittmar

Junior Justin Dittmar celebrates after beating his opponent on the mat.
Eli Schwartzman

Junior Justin Dittmar is a dedicated student-athlete with a refined passion for both wrestling and baseball. Through his hard work and dedication, Dittmar has risen through the ranks to become a formidable force on the wrestling mat. 

Dittmar has been wrestling since he was in 2nd grade and loves the entire experience. He was inspired to get on the mat when he saw all his friends doing it when he was younger, so he tried it out. That has led to his experiences wrestling, which have stuck with him forever, and where he gained his love and passion for wrestling.

“He’s a hard worker and dedicated to the sport,” said junior Jayshaun Barret. Barret has been Dittmar’s teammate all throughout high school.

Dittmar’s dedication to the game is unmatched. From early morning workouts to late night practice sessions, he’s always looking to push himself to the limit. 

He’s a hard worker and dedicated to the sport

— Jayshaun Barett

Jalen Canales is a 1st year wrestler, and Dittmar has been a role model for him. He had nothing but good things to say about his teammate.

“He can be a pain sometimes but he’s a good leader and encourages the team when they need it,” said junior Jalen Canales. 

Dittmar is highly admired by his teammates, even while playing an individual sport like wrestling, he manages to lift his teammates up and push them to the limit. 

With a current record of 30-7, he has beat his own personal record and has become a beast on the mat. 

Wrestling has shaped Dittmar into the man he is today, and reiterated that he wouldn’t be the same without wrestling in his life. 

“I really enjoy wrestling because it helps me take my mind off life,” explained Dittmar when he spoke with The Prowl

With the wrestling season coming to an end, you will find Dittmar getting ready for an upcoming baseball season or hitting the books with his friends.