The Best Movies for High Schoolers of All Time

Are you looking for a good movie to watch but don’t know where to start? Well, look no further because here is a list of the four best high school movies to start binge watching right now.

• White Chicks

FBI agents Kevin and Marcus were undercover to bust a drug dealer, but when their sting falls apart, they are given a new assignment by their boss to escort a pair of socialites to the Hamptons. When the two girls find out that they are being used as bait for a kidnapper, they refuse to go with the FBI agents. Not knowing what else to do, Marcus and Kevin, African-American brothers, transform themselves into a pair of blonde, white women. The movie follows the brothers as they pretend to be “white chicks” in the Hamptons, while maintaining their regular life without anyone knowing of their undercover operation. If you are looking for a good laugh, then White Chicks is definitely for you.

• Cyberbully

Emily Osment stars in this powerful movie about online bullying. Osment’s character, Taylor, receives a computer for her 17th birthday, giving her the independence and freedom to go online without her mother constantly looking over her shoulder. Unfortunately, Taylor becomes the victim of bullying while accessing a social media website, and begins to fear facing her peers and best friend at school. Feeling the pain of her daughter, Taylor’s mom goes against the school system and state legislation to help prevent bullying online and those affected by it. Cyberbully sends a powerful message that should be heard by every student and parent.

• The Breakfast Club

Five students of different social groups find themselves in a nine hour Saturday detention by their school’s disciplinary principal, Mr. Vernon, who assigns them to write a one thousand word essay about who they think they are. At the beginning of the detention, the students thought they had nothing in common, as one was considered a princess, another an athlete, a criminal, a brain, and a basket case. As the hours pass, the students get to know one another and hear their stories, realizing they have a lot more in common than they thought. See how these five students interact as they break away from their social identities.

• The Martian

Botanist Mark Watney gets left behind on the planet Mars by his crew after he is assumed dead after a fierce storm. With only a limited amount of supplies, Watney is forced to improvise and make a greenhouse in order to grow his own food, as his background in botany has prepared him for this moment. After finding a way to communicate with Earth, members of NASA and a team of international scientists work day and night to bring home Watney before he completely runs out of resources. At the same time, his crew mates create their own plan to rescue Watney as they are on route back to Earth. Follow Mark Watney as he faces the ups and downs of being stranded on Mars and find out whether or not he makes it back home.