2022 Pep Rally

SWHS’s first pep rally in three years

Cheerleaders performing for students attending the 2022 pep rally.

Shamyla Milner

School wide scavenger hunts, hungry hippos, and dance routines  Seeing as this was the first pep rally in three years, the students were extremely excited to attend. The pep rally three years ago had games and the cheerleaders performed. Undoubtedly, this year was no different, if not better. 

South Windsor had a class competition on what grade could raise the most money. Students brought in money during the week leading up to the pep rally, and it was added up on Friday, October 27. The class of winners were announced at the pep rally, but every class did a great job raising tons of money. The pep rally was competitive, fun, and definitely thrilling. 

Before the pep rally, the students had to dress up for spirit in honor of homecoming week. Tuesday was Twin Day which received a lot of love from best friends and couples. Wednesday was a Pink Out in honor of breast cancer awareness. Thursday, the students had class wars, this is where each grade wears a different color. Freshmen wore purple, sophomores wore red, juniors wore blue, seniors wore gray, and the staff wore green. Finally, Friday was Bobcat spirit, where everyone had to represent the school in the school’s own merchandise. 

All of these exciting events were in preparation for homecoming. It was refreshing for students to get back to how things used to be with regular school activities.