Will Harper’s Skyrocketing Music Career

Brianna Skaff, Editor

Growing music prodigy, Will Harper, has been in love with music since he was a child. His Aunt D would play for him as well as his cousins and siblings, so he grew up being surrounded by it. In middle school, he started a band with a couple of his close friends, but he really began taking his career seriously in 8th grade. Harper states that “as my voice developed, I came to the realization that if I worked hard enough and had a solid plan to accomplish my goals, I could do anything.”

As Harper has continued his music career in high school, he has been publicly sharing his music endeavors which have gamed him 1.3k followers on Instagram, and a video that has reached over 4.2k views. The video in question was a duet of A Whole New World from Aladdin with his girlfriend, Nikitha Kikanamda. Kikanamada remarks that she hopes “that he never stops working hard because his passion and his strive for making it somewhere in the music industry is what has gotten him so far. He is a unique person and everyone has a unique story and throughout all the hardships I just hope he never gives up his passion for making music and listening to music, because that’s what sets him apart from a lot of other people.” 

Besides Kikanamada, Will finds his biggest support system to be his mother as well as his social media following. “Reading comments saying they love what I do and my singing makes their day is the best feeling an artist can have.” Harper hopes that all his fans know how much they mean to him, and how it pushes him to continue every day. 

In terms of his actual music, Harper details that he has written many of his own songs, and will be releasing an eight song album in the next month and has his first Christmas single that he will be releasing in December. Although he may not always have time to write actual songs, Harper notes how important music is in his everyday life as well; “There isn’t a moment that passes where I am not singing or humming a melody line. When times get hard, I like to spend my time playing through old songs I’ve written that made me feel happy. At this point, I believe that I would not be the person I am today if it wasn’t for my music.” In terms of the future, Harper would love to continue his music career, but is more concerned with just being passionate about what he does. “If I can look back on my life one day and be proud of who I am and what I am pursuing that is all that matters to me. Obviously I would love to carry on my music career and won’t stop until it comes true.”

Reflecting on his music career thus far, Harper is most proud of when artists Dan and Shay liked his Instagram cover of their song Speechless. Harper gushes that “ Even though when I posted it, it didn’t seem that big of a deal knowing that I had posted singing videos in the past, however, Dan and Shay are one of the top ten artists in the music industry today, and to think that they listened to my voice was very heartwarming.” Congratulations to all Harper has accomplished so far, and keep a look out for him, since you might be seeing him on your television screens soon.